Godolphin's Hartnell and Alizee provide Sheikh Mohammed with enviable winning odds in this weekend's Gr.1 feature. They have won seven Gr.1 races between them and will face off against some of top Australian sprinters.
1. HARTNELL: Godolphin's grand old warrior has a particular liking for this distance. With his inside draw, he should land in the superfecta if not the top three.
2. BLACK HART BART: Returning champion has not raced for quite some time but he's got a shiny new trainer and he has his old confidence back. The entire won his recent barrier trial for new trainer.
3. HUMIDOR: This outstanding colt has the ability to win. Its his will which may be slightly lacking. He does his best when he is fresh and should do well in this company.
4. MATERIAL MAN: The Group Two winning entire may be out-classed in this endeavour, although his new trainer was quite pleased with his last efforts where he was beaten by 5.5 lengths.
5. SCALES OF JUSTICE: Has a lot of speed and energy and is currently in peak condition. Should land in the trifecta.
6. CLIFF’S EDGE:Loves this C&D and should do incredibly well. Looks to drive toward the early lead and if left alone, he can kick off the bend and take an enormous amount of running down.
7. DESPATCH: Looked tired during his last start in Adelaide. This may be too much of an effort for the entire.
8. SO SI BON: Can be imposing when his mind is on job. Will it be tomorrow?
9. BEGOOD TOYA MOTHER: Although he was a star galloper on his day he may be outclassed in this field.
10. SESAR: Lightly raced colt, enjoys winning. This ride may be a bit much for him but could come out doing very well.
11. ALIZEE: Very smart mare, who excels this trip. Won brilliantly in Sydney when resuming. Will have to drop out early and come home hard meaning she needs to circle this field.
12. OOHOOD: Might be outclassed in this adventure.